The Second National Annual Art Exhibition & Awards-2019 is the second edition of our Annual Art Exhibition. We introduced our ambitious annual project- “1st Bundelkhand National Annual Art Exhibition-2018” at the National level.
Bundelkhand Art Society is to promote and encourage Fine arts, culture, artists, artist community & all types of artistic activities in the Bundelkhand region. In addition to this, in the year 2018, Through this project, we are trying to create a National level atmosphere here in Bundelkhand.
This project is for the artists of this region as well as for the national artists. However, this Annual Exhibition will explore new possibilities, opportunities & platforms for every artist. With these objectives, we again hosted our “2nd Bundelkhand National Annual Art Exhibition & Awards-2019” from 28 to 30 Nov 2019 in Govt. Museum, Jhansi.
New Things in the Programme
In 2019, we didn’t host only an exhibition. In fact, we had awards too for the artists. That is why we have our title of the project is “2nd Bundelkhand National Annual Art Exhibition & Awards-2019”
Brief Details of the Event
The Second National Annual Art Exhibition & Awards-2019 was three days program. It was organized in association with Govt. Museum Jhansi. The date of this event was from 28 to 30 Nov 2019. The schedules of the program were as follow:
- Inauguration: on 28 Nov 2019 at 3 pm in Art Gallery of Govt. Museum Jhansi.
- Award Ceremony: on 29 Nov 2019 at 3 pm in Auditorium of Govt. Museum Jhansi
- Closing Ceremony: on 30 Nov 2019 at 4 pm in Art Gallery of Govt. Museum Jhansi.
Chief Guest & Special Guests
- Chief Guest: Prof. J. V. Vanshpayan, Vice-Chancellor Bundelkhand University Jhansi.
- Special Guest: Dr. Dhannu Lal Gautam, Deputy Chairperson, UP Sangeet & Natya Academy
- Special Guest: Dr Suresh Dubey, In-charge Officer, Regional Archaeological Unit (Bundelkhand Area), Jhansi.
This whole program has 3 stages:
The first stage- We asked for the Photographs of any two works, bio-data & artist photo as an entry in soft copy. After this, we scrutinized the entries in the second level. The last date of submitting these entries was 30 Oct 2019.
Second Stage: We were asked to submit to the shortlisted selected artists by 15 Nov 2019. So, we were also asked the selected artists to submit entry fees.
Third Stage: At last, our selection committee did their work. However, they observed the artworks to the selection of Awards. The Selection Committee chooses the artists for various awards.
Artists in Exhibition
|S.No||Artist/Painting||No of Artist|
|3||Participating Artists in Painting Category||43|
|4||Participating Artists in Drawing Category||6|
|5||Participating Artists in Sculpture Category||7|
Artworks in Exhibition
|Sl. No||Artworks||No of Art Work|
|Total Art Works||84|
In this show, we received a great response in a short time. However, we had artists from 5 States- Delhi, Chhatisgarh, MP, Rajasthan & Up. So, we had overall 69 artists from the cities- Delhi, Khairagarh, Ashok Nagar, Tonk, Agra, Aligarh, Bulandshahar, Banda Greater Noida, Lalitpur, Jhansi, Lakhimpurkhiri, Bhopal, Ujjain, Panna, Karera, and Mauranipur.
As per the selection by the selection committee, the following artist & Awards are chosen:
|SL. No||Award||Name of Artist||Place|
|1||Life Time Achievement Award||Rakesh Charan Verma||Jhansi (UP)|
|2||Bundeli Kala Gaurav Award||Kamini Baghel||Jhansi (UP)|
|3||Bundeli Yuva Pratibha Award||Mueen Akhtar||Jhansi (UP)|
|4||Best Senior Artist Award||Harikant Dubey||Bhopal (MP)|
|5||Kala Guru Award – (For Art Teacher)||Ajay Mishra||Tonk (Rajasthan)|
|6||Best Woman Artist Award||Avinash Kaur||Indore (MP)|
|7||Best Young Artist Award||GK Ankur Verma||Lakhimpurkhiri|
|8||Special Award in Painting||Nikhil Tiwari||Khairaharg (Chhatisgarh)|
|9||Best Drawing Award||Sunder Raikwar||Jhansi (UP)|
|Award announced on 28 Nov 2019|
|10||Best Sculpture Award||Arvind Prajapati||Jhansi (UP)|
|11||Art Club Jhansi Special Artist Award||R. K. Soni||Bhel Jhansi (UP)|
|12||Special jury Award- Male||Durgesh Kumar||Jhansi (UP)|
|13||Special jury Award – female||Sahiba Siddiqui||Jhansi (UP)|
- Dr. Sunita, (In-charge)Prof. Fine Art Dep. Bundelkhand University Jhansi
- Kishan Soni (Member) Senior Artist , Jhansi
- Jagdish Lal (Member) Senior Scrap Artist, Jhansi
- Vandana Agrawal (Member) Artist & Social Worker, Jhansi
- Dheeraj Khare
- Meraj Fatima
Closing of the Programme
The three days exhibition has been successful. In the end, we hosted the closing ceremony on the third day of the exhibition on 30 Nov 2019 at 4.00 pm. The special guests gave away the participation certificate to all participating artists. The senior artists Kishan Soni, Kamini Baghel, and Mueen Akhtar were the special guest. Lastly, Dheeraj Khare, Coordinator of the exhibition gave the vote of thanks to all.
Achievements of the Exhibition
- For the first time the Society introduce Awards in Exhibition. Hence, we successfully gave away 13 Awards in various categories.
- For the First Time, the Society included sculpture, Drawing and other variety of the works.
- In this exhibition, 69 artists from 20 cities of the five states took part.
- We displayed 84 Art works. However, in this artworks, there are 69 paintings, 07 drawings and 8 sculptures.
- 37 Bundeli Artists were given chances to display their work along with other national artists.
- Bundelkhand Art Society gave awards to 7 Bundeli Artists. So we help 7 Bundeli Artists to recognize in this national level Exhibition.